Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Wednesday Love

The snowfall in Chicago early early this morning (2 hours before the sunrise, to be exact) was somewhat beautiful. I greeted my Wicker Park Fitness class at our squeaky 6am hour and began the fun journey into a full-body, cardio-interval workout. They always make me feel great. This class (same as my Saturday morning class, except Saturday has more members seeing as it begins at 9am) is the only one of the regular 7 that I teach where people seem to know anything about one another and actually care to be sharing sweat with the person next to them. They make the walk to the "L" that much easier on my early mornings so that sometimes I find myself excited enough to be walk-skipping down the street. (note: I also ran a good 5 miles after my class, so the high level of endorphins pumping through my body could also take some credit for this particularly upbeat and probably cheesy description of my morning)

I also want to note that I had another positive realization last night and I only wish I knew how to show that person my gratification for their presence in my life. It isn't often that I find myself smiling alone and replaying thoughts in my mind this many hours after the fact.

On a completely different note, my sister and brother-in-law are coming to visit me tomorrow! I plan on taking them to the Meatloaf Bakery, hopefully to see Macbeth, and definitely to The Bongo Room during their short stay here. I love them and can't wait for them to see where I live, hopefully meet some of my new friends, and just run around the city with me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment