Friday, January 23, 2009

A Favorite Website

If you are a fan of "Eat This, Not That" or are ever curious as to what kinds of foods you can swap out for "better for me" items, then I think you'll enjoy HungryGirl.com as much as I do. It may just be the fitness instructor in me or the foodie in me that loves the suggestions and recipes on this site, but I definitely recommend it for fun ways to change up usual recipes. The scones that I've made famous at get togethers? They're now lower calorie thanks to Hungry Girl (and nobody noticed). I tried out a new chocolate chip recipe by merely replacing butter with pumpkin and the sugar and brown sugar with Splenda blends and even a sweet-toothed boy liked them (granted, I have now dubbed those cookies "fiber bombs"...).

I get email newsletters from this site every day with recipes and swaps for me to try, and it helps to make me feel better while the winter blues threaten to bring on the blahs.

For gift ideas, Hungry Girl also released a book this past Christmas season. Do I sense a Hungry Girl themed party night in the future??? Well, my friends may not know it, but it just may happen!

1 comment:

  1. yay! i'm getting on this mailing list.

    btw - love the blog

    ReplyDelete