Friday, May 8, 2009

Just A Guitar

Since our world of popular music has turned to "techtronica" and auto-tune, I find myself as an artist getting mentally stuck in the jumble. Call it writers' block, call it fear, call it what you will - but I am confused and have turned to other songwriters for inspiration.

So thank you, Ace Enders for your musical honesty and integrity. I've had the pleasure of seeing this musician play twice (the following video from August at the Metro included), and each time I've been somewhat haunted by what he brings to the stage. His lyrics appear to rise right out of his soul, cutting the air with such poignance and emotional sincerity that I found it quite difficult to resist being mesmerized and wanting to know more.

So instead of getting caught up with Reason and Logic and headphone tricks, I took a moment to get back to basics and enjoyed the raw, intense and simple ride that a person with a guitar can take us on.

No comments:

Post a Comment